Job Summary: Facilities technician is responsible for movement and set up of bedding related products, office furniture and cubicles, packaging of bedding and other materials for shipment and other light maintenance work as needed.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
* Preparation and set-up of bedding and bedding related products for technical reviews, testing, retailer meetings, showrooms and research. Includes traveling to and from sites where above activities take place.
* Coordinates and assists with departmental and employee moves
* Hangs pictures, shelving and installs other fixtures, as needed
* Dismantles, moves and installs furniture
* Transports goods or equipment as assigned, including pick up of items from suppliers as needed
* Packaging of outgoing materials, return shipments
* Receipt of deliveries of supplies, equipment, furniture, raw materials and bedding. Incoming shipments are to be confirmed upon receipt, and delivered to the appropriate party the same day.
* Assist with layout of showrooms, understanding of material handling procedures for bedding, scheduling of deliveries
* Must be able to operate a commercial box truck with lift gate as needed.
* Must be able to create and maintain an inventory list.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
* Self-starter -- little need for direct supervision
* Effective communicator across all levels of associates, and with suppliers and contractors
* Displays professional demeanor in an office environment
* Must be organized and provide deliverables in support of project plans
* General knowledge and understanding of facility-related processes and functions
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
* Understand and follow oral and written instructions
* Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
* Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints
* Ability to use standard power and non-power tools
* Must be able to travel to various work-site locations on demand
* Must have computer, organizational, and written communication skills.
* Ability to operate a forklift.
* Be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
* Must be able to utilize/view a PC and/or monitor
* Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds
* Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder
* Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
* Must have a valid NC Driver's License
* Must comply with all DOT qualifications
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced corporate office environment. Some stress may occur. Regular travel is not expected in this position; however, some travel may be necessary.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein.