Honda Aero, Inc. in Burlington, NC is seeking an energetic, responsible Manufacturing Engineer Intern/Co-Op to join our growing organization for an outstanding learning opportunity. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures and will focus on learning how our organization runs. We also want to learn from you! Therefore the ideal candidate will be eager to share classroom knowledge while embracing an engaging real-world business opportunity.
As a Manufacturing Engineer Intern/Co-Op, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Conduct manufacturing time-studies by observing and collecting production times for individual processes across multiple shifts and technicians and compare to current process time standards to identify areas for improvement and process time reduction.
* Evaluate and summarize time-study findings in a report or presentation that addresses results of time studies and findings for deviations from standards and recommendations for areas for improvement.
* Observe and learn details of daily operations of multiple departments (Manufacturing, Quality, Material Services, IT, etc.) to create a tracking system to document real time yield at multiple points in manufacturing processes.
* Work on Lean Six Sigma improvements in a manufacturing environment and present findings at key way points in the Six Sigma process as defined by the Black Belt Engineer.
Job Related Specific Skills:
* Six Sigma related skills
* Organized with good time management
* Computer skills (MS Office, with advanced Excel skills)
* Ability to research data and analyze it related to a specific goal
* Database knowledge preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Conditions
* Climate-controlled office environment.
* The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, mandatory hearing protection and safety shoes.
About Honda Aero, Inc. Honda Aero, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Honda Motor Co., Ltd., established its corporate headquarters and jet engine manufacturing operations in Burlington, North Carolina, adjacent to Burlington-Alamance County Regional Airport in 2008. The Burlington plant serves as the primary production location for engines developed and marketed by GE Honda Aero Engines, LLC (a joint venture between Honda Aero and GE) beginning with the Honda HF120 turbofan engine. The HF120 is designed to meet the needs of next generation light jet business aircraft and will be powering the HondaJet, designed and manufactured by Honda Aircraft Company.
Class Status: Sophomore (by credit hour) or above
Term: Co-Op Term preferred at 26 week requirement. June - December
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
Degree: Candidate must be enrolled in a Bachelors program majoring in Engineering - preferably Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain