Loading some great jobs for you...
The Center for Academic Engagement Clerical Assistant provides direction and assistance for students, tutors, faculty, and staff for the learning labs at all campus locations of Guilford Technical Community College. The Center for Academic Engagement Clerical Assistant oversees the lab in a manner to create an inclusive, professional, and learner-centered environment. The Center for Academic Engagement Clerical Assistant will communicate all policies, regulations, and instructions for the lab to function whereas each student, tutor, faculty member, and staff member will be able to reach their maximum educational goal and enhance student success.
Oversee the daily operation of dynamic, learner-centered tutoring labs.
Communicate with the Director, Coordinators, Tutors, and other Clerical Assistants to operate the learning labs at all campuses of GTCC as a unified entity of the Center for Academic Engagement.
Review and facilitate the learning lab operating hours and staff coverage as provided by the Director and Coordinators.
Provide direction to students and tutors regarding proper procedures for signing in and out of lab sessions to maintain accurate records using the software provided.
Provide proactive customer service to all students and other clients of the learning lab to ensure their continued use of the lab and positive feedback producing maximum student achievement.
Oversee and maintain the implementation of standardized learner-centered lab policies and procedures.
Anticipate learning lab needs and follow college procedures to request necessary tools, equipment, and supplies.
Demonstrate and model the colleges employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility, and teamwork.
Train and monitor work study students as they assist in the learning labs to provide uniform and professional service to students.
Assist in the completion and maintenance of accurate timesheets for all tutors and work study students.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Criminal history checks, with acceptable results, are required.
Participate in job-related workshops and training to enhance job performance.
Attend departmental meetings.
Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor.
Currently enrolled in associate degree program
Associate degree or higher
Experience in an administrative capacity
One year of experience in an administrative capacity
Previous work experience in a post-secondary institution
Proficiency in using learning management systems (e.g., Moodle, Blackboard) and software to track academic support services (e.g.., TutorTrac)
The Lab Assistant shall possess an understanding of and commitment to the nature and role of the Community College, particularly its open door policy. He/she shall have demonstrated personal and professional competence for the responsibilities assigned. The Lab Assistant must be able to:
2. Respect diversity and promote an inclusive, culturally responsive environment
3. Adapt to changing procedures, protocols, or assignments
4. Create and maintain a learner centered environment
5. Communicate and promote the Center for Academic Engagement with a wide range of individuals and constituents
6. Effectively implement and apply technology solutions and online student support resources
Mandatory GTCC Trainings (upon initial hire) and annual updates as required; other required trainings may be added as needed):
1. Reporting Requirements
2. Discrimination & Anti-Harassment (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
3. Shooter on Campus (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
4. Personal Information Protection (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
5. Ethics and Social Responsibility (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
6. Safety training (Bloodborne Pathogens and E-Vac Chair)
1. Must be able to get to other offices, buildings, campus locations and off-site locations as necessary to complete requirements of the job.
2. Typical day shift 25 hour work week, but must be able to work flexible hours, if needed.
3. Physical requirements include periods of sitting at a computer and standing.
4. Must be able to lift, pull/push and carry up to 20 pounds.