Headquartered in Bloomington, MN with a Myrtle Beach, SC Sales and Service Headquarters, Winsor Learning is a privately held company that provides educational programs and training to schools and families across the country. Winsor Learning believes in giving every child their best opportunity to read. Since 1997, the company has helped more than 2200 school districts improve reading scores by providing Orton-Gillingham based multisensory tools and training to educators working with struggling students. Winsor Learning partnered with one of the country's foremost experts in the Orton-Gillingham multisensory method to create the Sonday System, a simple, cost-effective tool that gives anyone ' from experienced reading educators to volunteer tutors ' the opportunity to identify, intervene, and help struggling students catch up with their peers.
For more information, see Winsor Learning's website at www.winsorlearning.com
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in a sales environment.
- Demonstrated track record of sales success in outside sales (3 years), with a preference for sales to the education market.
- Demonstrated experience building and managing teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills; ability to direct, manage, coach, and develop people.
- Ability to visualize and develop strategic objectives to grow the business.
- Solid decision-making skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven technology skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and CRM/data management; Salesforce experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain a home office and travel extensively (approximately 75%).
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred.
Position Responsibilities: -
The National Director of Sales is responsible for managing the sales team for the company and is accountable for developing and implementing strategies that result in the overall growth of sales revenue and profits.
More specific duties include:
- Accountability for growth of revenues resulting from the sale of products and services.
- Development of sales strategies and the processes to ensure alignment of the team for effective execution.
- Management of both inside and outside sales teams to drive lead generation, develop client relationships, and maintain a satisfied client base.
- Management of performance metrics for sales.
- Participation in site visits with clients and prospects, providing direction in developing client strategy and presentations; lead presentations as appropriate.
- Ensure teams are well trained in product knowledge, service offerings, service quality, and effective sales techniques and presentations, including in working with the VP of Strategy and Development on sales team development and coaching.
- Support product development team by providing market input and marketing advice as requested for current and new products.
- Maintain current understanding of the competitive landscape and represent the company at conferences, shows, and other market-driven events.
- Operate as a key sales manager; interview, hire, develop, manage performance, and retain talent to build and maintain a top performing team.
Associated topics: administrative, branch manager, director of sales, management, manager of sales, regional sales manager, sales leader, shift lead, supervisor, team lead